Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cold and Flu season

I had an inkling of a sore throat on Saturday, and it just got worse and worse for an entire week. I felt frozen and miserable all week, and all I wanted to eat was hot soupy foods. And thats what I got.


Wonton soup. It was quite oily, which didn't help my sore throat.


Plain congee. Nice and hot. Its the perfect comfort food...


...especially with pickled cucumbers and beans. Yum!


I had quite a lot of soups this week, so tried this red thai curry from the supermarket. I must have started feeling better at this point, because I could smell all the typical aromas of a thai curry, but the flavour did not match. It was quite a sad, bland little soup (and yes I put a lot of marge on the bread. Thats how I like it).
Went to Sambal Kampung later in the week for lunch. My throat was in no state to handle anything too spicy, so I settled for fishball noodle soup.

Colds are no fun at all.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment