Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Movida


Went to Movida with friends to see what all the fuss was all about. Since there were six of us we had the banquet, where you get the 10 best dishes of the day. I'm the biggest fan of single bite size dishes so I was quite looking forward to this meal. We were concerned that we might not be full, but its not called a banquet for nothing. The restaurant is dimly lit so my photos were pretty ordinary. I've picked my favourite four dishes out of the ten.


Anchoa - Anchovy with smoked tomato sorbet on crouton. Very salty, but delicious.


Croqueta - Croquette with a creamy cheese filling. One was not enough.


Jamones - Cured ham. Thinly sliced, eaten with pan catalan (like bruschetta). Awesome.


Viera - Scallop with an amazing buttery potato foam.

We had a limited time to complete our banquet, and even on a Monday evening the place seemed to be completely booked. They were considerate enough to cater for expectant mothers with dedicated dishes while the rest of us had cold dishes (such as the Caballa Ahumado, a smoked mackerel with a pine nut gazpacho sorbet). We were quite full by the end of it. It was an expensive meal, and looking at the website now, I've noticed that the price has gone up since we visited, so it was good timing for a sampler of spanish tapas :)

We also had dessert:
You can't go to a Spanish restaurant and not have churros! I still prefer the ones at Vic market, but these were crispy and still very delicious.

This was the special for the night. I didn't have it but it looked nice :)

Now THIS is what I had. Hot chocolate ganache pudding with vanilla icecream and nougat. You had me at pudding. Deliciously decadent, and the nougat was yummy. I was so full at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment